National Capital Environmental Nonprofit Network
The National Capital Environmental Nonprofit Network (NCENN) is the flagship program of Sustainable Eastern Ontario. It is open to all environmental non-profit organizations within the National Capital region.
The National Capital Environmental Nonprofit Network (NCENN) is a collaboration of environmental non-profits across Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec with the following goals:
- To share information, tools and resources among local environmental groups in the national capital region
- To provide opportunities for networking among ENGO staff, Board members, and volunteers
- To provide capacity-building opportunities that address specific needs and concerns in the local Access capacity-building support and services such as fundraising support, financial management, communications, strategic planning and more!
There is a need for what we do!
Many ENGO leaders have identified priorities and capacity needs and how the NCENN can help.
“NCENN helps us find partners for projects and make sure our services do not overlap.”
– Kara Stonehouse, Executive Director, Maison Tucker House
“Sustainable Eastern Ontario helps us with all the hard stuff!!”
– Emily Conger, President, Algonquin to Adirondacks Collaborative
Monthly Networking Gatherings
The NCENN hosts monthly networking gatherings that include:
- Roundtable Updates from ENGOs
- Regular networking opportunities and meetings in Ottawa and Kingston
- Occasional workshops in other parts of Eastern Ontario
- Hot Topic learning opportunity with a community expert (either on a local ENGO’s work or on a key learning topic for the month)
The NCENN hosts larger capacity-building workshops each year, which are full-day events or retreats concentrating on issues related to enhancing NGO operations and development. Past capacity-building events have featured:
- Sustainable Fundraising
- Environmental Funder Forum
- Branding and Networking
- Volunteer Management
- Executive Director Roundtable
Our Capacity Building Services