Repair, don’t toss! Swap, don’t shop!
Evening of January 29, 2018, at Makerspace North in Hintonburg.
Bring clothing or textiles in need of repair, and learn how to sew, darn, felt, patch, etc. your way back to useable clothing from one of several demonstrators. Browse used clothing and yarn/knitting supplies while you wait at the concurrent swap event, and bring your own unwanted items to contribute.
- no limit to how much you can bring or take, but no hoard of items or taking items to sell later.
- items will be loosely sorted into mens, womens, youth/children, infants, accessories, footwear, linens/housewear and outerwear – please help us out by place your items accordingly when you arrive or directing one of the volunteers as to where items belong.
- items should be relatively clean – from storage is okay as long as there are no strong odours or other storage related issues
- damaged items are okay to bring
- leftover items will be repurposed or donated to charity
- bring a bag or two (or more) to put your selected items in
- bags can be left in the designated “claimed” area during browsing/repairs – do not remove items from other people’s bags
Freewill donations to benefit Sustainable Eastern Ontario and the Ottawa Tool Library are welcome, but not required.